Update 0.5.0 | 1.1 and Royalty Patch
Sorry for the radio silence and lack of updates. The 1.1 update together with Royalty compatibility was a pretty tricky patch, as the update broke a lot of stuff and even now we’re still finding new things that need syncing/fixing. Anyway our “stable” build will be uploaded to Steam sometime after this blog post is posted, so have fun and report ANYTHING WRONG in our discord so we can fix it.
- Improved Desync Debugging
- Fixed White Window Bug
- Backwards compatibility with 1.0
- Fix infinite research dialog creation
- Synced many Royalty specific events and quests
- Async Time now has a button to enable
- Added Finnish, Ukranian, Italian and Czech translations.
- In-game mod compatibility checker.
- Lots of background synching and bug fixing for 1.1 compatibility.
- Auto-sync for mod configs <- might be fucky.
- Auto mod downloading button on mod definition mismatch.
The protocol version is now 18.
Firstly the Rimworld Multiplayer Github Repo has been moved for the final time to a proper organization. The old fork of the mod by Parexy was messy and was not a proper fork of Zetrith’s original mod. This has since been fixed and we now have a nice and official looking Github Organization. Super handy as we can now just stick all our resources underneath one banner. (Including this website!)
Secondly, you may have noticed that there’s been some fresh members in our organization. Nebual, lofi, and pudgy turtle were all part of the push for 1.1 and Royalty compatibility and they worked hard to get it working.
We’ve also been updating our background infrastructure for finding compatible mods so they’re more stable and easier to contribute to. If you find a mod that’s compatible please report it on our discord.
Thirdly it is in our best interest to state that the mod might break again soon. We don’t know what Tynan has planned for Rimworld but he’s been very sporadic with his updates in the last few weeks and anything he decides to add could break the mod again. I’m not saying it’ll happen but it might happen.